Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Afternoon



Friday afternoons , I reckon are usually a good starting point to start anything that is fun.I don't know whether blogging would be fun but then it definitely gives you the impression that your life is exciting and important. So important that you actually thought you would want the entire world to read it and say how "awwesomb" it is !



The reason I decided to finally give into the temptation of starting a blog and make plans of maintaining it with posts and other goofy stuff ( well its my blog , I can do whatever I want with it ; sing a song , cook a duck ) is because I really want to see if I can keep up to doing something which is hard work. Plus, she thinks she would enjoy reading what I have to say about my life. I just think she foxed me into giving her a free source of entertainment and use stuff I write here to hold against me when we have a huge fight. So I guess I should keep away from sensitive topics and controversial debates.



Coming back to the "she" I mentioned a while ago. I will fight the urge to introduce her right away. Reading has helped me understand the key to making a lot of money when you are a writer." Keep the suspense up, Amith ! Let it build up....". At least something like the mere temptation of finding out who she is, should work to keep you interested. And unlike "How I met your Mother" she does exist. A sincere request to those who know who "she" is - please don't spoil the "pseudo-excitement".



I vaguely remember , this time last year I was packing to go to Sabarimala with my uncle and my cute little cousin, Sriram. It is always fun to play big brother to the little ones in the family. They look u to you for all the answers in the world and yet expect you to not know street magic and other random card tricks. Sriram loves his little card tricks and even after showing it to me a 1000 times, he expects me to act surprised. I guess it comes with the job and its benefits. The trip was fun not because it was spiritually overwhelming but because Sriram shat in his pants on the way back and was running down like a headless chicken.The poor guy ended up peeing in his pants in the car and blamed the cold air conditioning for it. All in all a memorable trip !. I even wen up to the extent of proclaiming that my tooth ache was cured because of the trip. I guess it was just a small piece of bone stuck between my tooth that must have come out when i brushed my teeth believing in the philosophy of fresh breath leading to good hygiene.



What followed was something that has changed my life ( and I mean it) and I will be talking about all of that when I write further. People say I have the attention span of a 5 year old. Short attention spans are differ from flaking. Flaking is a state of giving up on thinking i guess. Short attention spans are cooler because your brilliant mind is jumping from one train of thought to another at godspeed.



Closing thoughts - Friday evenings in Bangalore are not fun when you are abstaining from drinking and eating meat ( in the hope that the Gods will be impressed by your demonstration of self control). A quick shout out to Richard and Piyush , my pallies from the Well Engineering team for clearing their Round I and II exams. That's an ordeal which I need to go through as well next year and I am NOT looking forward to studying !I guess the reason we all want to celebrate must be because we were just looking for a reason to celebrate life.





The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

-Oprah Winfrey





I will leave you with that thought....

3 comments:

  1. All of this makes for good reading ...but i cant help feel a little left out "....my pallies at well engineering......"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiritual as a label for your blog..haha! But a good read...now keep your promise...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what to say Amith !!! Its surely the BEGINNING ... you are like just one of them right now... If you need to create a mark for yourself and carry the Well Engineering tag with you, dont disappoint with already so much promises in this first post . Looking forward to come action finally after Round 2 crap and back to school days.. Have fun and enjoy writing - Anubhav

    ReplyDelete